Sunday, February 24, 2013

Request for Usage of Compliment

Good morning Priscilla,

My name is Adam Reutens-Tan and I am in charge of StarHub’s Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility. If you may recall, you sent us a compliment in August last year:

Dear Sir

A Sweet and Sincere Compliment for those Starhub Customer Support who have attended and assisted me on my Home Hubbing Pack Express issue.

They are Sim Yong Ming, Sale Team, Teo Seng Aun, Technician, Teo Seng Wang, Technician, Andy Chang, Technical Support and Hanafiyah, Technical Support.

I am indeed feel much appreciated for all their upmost effort and hard work...

All their patience, kindness, goodness and understanding towards my Home Hubbing Pack Express issue so far...

Thank you once again for everyone out there...

Regards
Priscilla
Sent from my iPhone

We would like to use a paraphrased quote to showcase some of our supportive customer’s comments in our upcoming Sustainability Report:
“Compliments to those StarHub Customer Support staff who have attended to and assisted me on my Home Hubbing Pack Express issue. I appreciate all their utmost effort and hard work, all their patience, kindness, goodness and understanding towards my Home Hubbing Pack Express issue.”

If you would kindly allow us to use the above quote, as well as your name (Priscilla Yeo), we would be most appreciative. Please let me know by this afternoon if this is possible and feel free to call me at 90068726 should you have any queries. Thank you .

Regards,
Adam Reutens-Tan
Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
StarHub
DID: 6825 5117

No comments: