Monday, January 28, 2008

Review for Samsung Z720 phone

I have extracted few review from the following website for your easy reference and information...

Thank you once again for your patience and kindness...

Visit the following website for more review about this phone ok...

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-z720.htm

Reviewed by Mark from UK on 18th Aug 2007
This phone is poor performing in everyway, poor signal strength, poor reliabillity and poor Battery life. I have had four Z720's replaced by Vodafone because of various problems including dialing numbers on its own in the middle of the night and being unable to stop the calls as non of the buttons would work! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHONE!! I have had it replaced with the U700 this is slightly better
Rating:

Reviewed by Jack from UK on 31st Jul 2007
If you really want to waste your money ,, buy this phone ..
Rating:

Reviewed by Dale from England on 15th Jul 2007
Stay away! poor phone especially on vodafone UK! I had the phone for 4 months and got increasingly annoyed with the poor battery life, horrible vodafone branded menu, poor build quality and small internal memory. Also my screen cracked 3 times without me intentionally damaging it. Had it exchanged for a new handset twice yet it happened again. All the functions work well and are what you would expect, except for the lack of flash for the camera. Had it on vodafone and even went to the lengths of changing the firmware to the original samsung UI to improve performance this did slightly improve my enjoyment of the phone. Call quality was unstable even after turning the network mode to GSM900/1800 and turning UMTs(3G services) off - thought it was the network coverage in my area but when I put my sim in my old D600 all of a suddden I had 5 bars everywhere! After the screen cracked for 3rd time Vodafone relented and swapped it for a U700 which beats this in every department. You won't notice how bad the z720 is straight away until you compare it to other phones released at the same time. stay away unless someone is paying you to use it. If it was a car it wouldn't be a mclaren-mercedes it would be a FIAT!
Rating:

Reviewed by parmjit from india on 7th Jul 2007
never buy this phon , not goud
Rating:

Reviewed by Paul from England on 29th Jun 2007
This looks great but thats the only good thing about it. The D900 which this phone has replaced is far better in terms of ease of use, camera, and signal strength. I sent mine back twice because of poor signal quality and in the end got frustrated enough to sell it. Very happy with the D900 on the same network. My advice if your thinking of buying this phone - DON'T. PS> The camera shutter is awfull and yes the battery life is pants.
Rating:

Reviewed by Suze from UK on 27th Jun 2007
After having received this phone as replacement for my D900 which took an accidental swim in the pool. I am about to send back the 2nd Z720 that I have received due to the battery being extremely hot to touch on both phones and also the battery needed to be charged each night. No protection or locking facility on texts, so unable to keep any special ones unless you delete them one by one. The camera is awful. I was told this phone replaced the D900 and the D900 was by far a superior phone. Now waiting for the U600 and reviews look pretty good. Only ever had samsung and don't be put off them just don't get the Z720
Rating:

Reviewed by Paul Quigley from UK on 5th Jun 2007
A note to Shaun. I presume you have sahres in Samsung or are are employed by Samsung? Please let me know how long your battery lasts. If you have no complaints about this phone you are an idiot. I would expect a phone's battery in the 2000's to last a minimum of 120 hours. I don't expect the 300 hours+ advertised by Samsung, but I do expect at least a few days operating life. My first mobile phone had a stanby time of 18 hours, not bad in 1991, (have you been in a coma since then by any chance?) but in 2007, this absolutely atrocious! For your information, my Bluetooth is switched off, as is the 3G function, unless needed. I presume you have the 1 phone that does actually work, congratulations, but please do not insult the intelligence of everyone who has submitted a review on this site! Finally a question. If this phone is as good as you say it is (I do actually like the phone other than the battery!) why did you only give it 4 stars? Also, you say the camera is "Excellent" It takes about 1.5 seconds to take a photo, by the time it gets round to recording the image, what you've taken the photo of has gone! Shaun, in the words of Alan Sugar.... You're Fired!!! Have a nice day, Paul.
Rating:

Reviewed by Helen from Wales on 3rd Jun 2007
I upgraded my phone to a samsung z720 on the 8th may i have taken it back once already due to poor battery life. I was told there must be a fault. I have tried persevering with this phone it does not have nearly as much features as my samsung d600 and the battery life is still worse than ever. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. I can not put up with this phone for another 18 months!!!!
Rating:

Reviewed by zekie from philippines on 1st Jun 2007
I saw this site right before I bought the phone then I didn’t think that reading the reviews that important. But now I extremely regret that decision seem that im not the only one annoyed by the very very short battery life I was led to believe that it has 300 hr standby time and 5 hr talk time, actually its last only a day. Did Samsung lied about the battery life?? or some just made a very big mistake for me its just wrong for a company as big as Samsung to just give false info. I hope they will change the battery so that it will last more that a day other than that it’s a good phone until you ran out of battery then its just a really expensive paper weight.
Rating:

Reviewed by james from england on 30th May 2007
the battery is the most annoying thing i have ever encountred. got given this steaming pile of horse manure as a replacement for my D900 that i lost. id seriously recomend anything other phone than this. a Mate of mines just got a U600 ands its the nads
Rating:

Reviewed by eric Lyon from liverpool on 21st May 2007
I find this phone to be annoying. Lots of people on here say "oh yes but for the battery life it would be a good phone" Well I use the phone for work and once the battery goes, its just a lump off plastic. I would recharge it from my ciggy lighter but dont want to set fire to my van. This phone will burn a hole in your pocket in more was than one. Music memory is poor as is sound quality. The main menu page has 12 items displayed of which I use six. Why did I choose this phone? Luckily for me it was a free upgrade, from my sam 500. Now that was a good phone. Im getting it fixed.
Rating:

Reviewed by Paul Quigley from England on 16th May 2007
I've now had the phone for over 1 month, and the battery life is still as poor as it was on day 1! I have been in touch with Samsung, they sent me a second battery stating there must be a fault with the first 1, no difference. I have followed the charging instructions, strictly to the letter in the manual but no change. What could be an excellent phone, is totally let down by the battery life. Now I'm stuck with it on an 18 month contract, NOT impressed. I'm going to keep going at Samsung to see if they'll do anything about it. If anyone would like to be kept up to date with any progress I make, please contact me on my e-mail address, paulquigley21@hotmail.com or alternatively, if you have any information regarding the battery, please give me a shout and let me know. Despite my previous review when I first got the phone which was a 4 star rating, this has now dropped to a 2 star rating, it would have been 1 star, but at the end of the day, battery life apart, it's still a canny phone. If I had the choice now to return it, it would be in an envelope now winging it's way back to Samsung. Good luck to anyone who has the Z720, to anyone thinking about it, don't!!!
Rating:

Reviewed by BBII from UK on 7th May 2007
Well.. havent had phone very long but really dissapointed it freezes all the time and the camera takes ages to take the picture.. The battery life is awful and has had to be sent to the reapair center twice!!!
Rating:

Reviewed by Mike Wallis from UK on 11th May 2007
Vodaphone sent me the phone on business contract but it won't even last a day without making or receiving calls. Absolute waste of time. DO NOT BUY!
Rating:

Reviewed by pamela from n,ireland on 26th Apr 2007
the worst samsung phone,camera useless,phone very slow in every way when you are not in 3g area,really disappointed in every way,sent it back
Rating:

Reviewed by Unsatisfied customer! from Singapore on 15th May 2007
To Samsung, I was your loyal customer who has been using Samsung mobiles for years. I have again upgraded to purchase Samsung Model Z720 (3G) on 12May07 (Sat). As usual, after charging the battery for 8 hours, I tried to figure out my new handphone and play around with the settings. But the body of the handphone starts getting warmer and warmer in which i have never encountered! Within the short 10 mins it will get warm, and it was getting worse and warmer until i actually could not hold it. Imagine i was just playing around with my settings but not yet talk in the phone. I then went to Century Square Samsung customer service centre to ask what is the problem, next day on 13May07 (Sun) at 4pm. And the Manager (Mr. Liu Jin Zhi) said that the handphone itself has NO problem. It is the Model itself that the handphone body will get warm! He explained that the handphone temperature will continue to go up until 45 degree and it will maintain at that tempurature. He also said that even we submit our handphone to customer service, they will only exchange another handphone to us unless it has problem. However in this case, it won't be a problem because the high temparature is under the specification! If that is the case, one day if the handphone keep raising the temparature until it explode, will the Samsung or the Manager resposible for my death!? The manager even told me that there actually was a number of customers feedback to them that the handphone is very warm! Then did Samsung do something about it? I am very upset and dissapointed about this. I have just bought the handphone for One day and i am very dissatisfied with it. Still your customer service can do NOTHING about it. There were also brochure indicated that Samsung focus on Customer satisfaction, which is So ironic! I never expect that today as so high-tech mobile phone generation there is still production of such unreasonable product. I used to put my hp in the left pocket of my shirt. Is Samsung trying to kill the customer by warming their hearts? This is really ridiculous. I strongly request Samsung to change another model for my handphone. Because this model should not be launched in the first place. If you again mentioned that the warm temparature is under specification.... Please indicate clearly or written with Big words in your brochure or advertisement that "This model has WARM body, if you could stand it, you buy"! Appreciate your immediate attention to look into my issue and act accordingly. It is not cheap and cost me S$700+ to buy without plan! Please do not drag my case until then you tell me that I have bought for too long time. Again i emphasize that i have only purchase ONE day and feel dissatisfied and went to customer service the next day immediately. Thanks.!!!!
Rating:

Reviewed by Michael from UK on 29th Apr 2007
Nice phone, but insanely poor battery life. I would not recommend getting sucked in by the hype, it functions poorly in terms of talking battery life. An absolute disgrace, its such a beautiful phone!
Rating:

Reviewed by Slider from England on 24th Apr 2007
Got the Z720 through the post just over a week ago and only used it for a couple of days as it started inventing text messages in the in box. I was getting 5 a day and they was all sent by someone called [50]. The battery was only lasted a day so I had to charge it every night so I have gone back to my Z540. Vodafone did offered to send me out a new Z720 but I have lost faith and will probably go for the D900. The Z720 looks the part but lacks a battery that lasts.
Rating:

Reviewed by Rebecca from UK on 3rd Apr 2007
I agree. It's a great phone, stylish and easy to use and in many ways very similar to the Sony Ericson I upgraded from. BUT and this is a big but the battery life is terrible. I changed to this phone believing the claim of 5 hours talk time and 10 days standby. This is not remotely accurate. You have to charge the battery every day. For this reason alone I'm giving it a low star rating.
Rating:

Reviewed by Gavin from England on 30th Mar 2007
Had this phone a returned it within 2 weeks - terrible camera, slow responses, no flash, some basic punctuation symbols not available when texting, non intuiative menu layout and most annoying of all the "space" function when texting is a different key to ALL the other phones I have had - VERY ANNOYING. I had vodafone and no true web browsing - just vodafone live, all a bit pointless for an HSDAP phone
Rating:

Reviewed by David from Merseyside on 30th Mar 2007
Nice phone and easy to use and i do like it BUT... Battery life is terrible, i have to charge it every day! It struggles to get a reception at times and 3G is near impossible even in places where my old LG always got good receptions and the camera is so sluggish its not worth bothering with but i would prefer to use a camera for taking pics anyway.
Rating:

Reviewed by cathyness from england on 21st Mar 2007
nice phone but video is rubbish , too blurry , 3g none existent but in liverpool thats always been the case anyway. much prefer d 600
Rating:

Reviewed by The Half Blood Prince from UK on 9th Mar 2007
I exchanged my Sony Ericsson k800i for the Samsung Z720, and would be hard pressed to have made a worse decision. The pre installed software is appalling, the HSDPA functionality is completely useless and the 3 megapixel camera is a horrific blurry mess. The shiny black finish of the handset shows every tiny mark, the directional keypad is unreliable at best, non-functional at worst, the battery life is practically non-existant, the 3D games are jerky and shaky when compared to the same games on the K800i. Due to the fact that the casing marks so easily (and considering that I have attempted to keep the phone in pristine condition) I am unable to even sell it. Useless.
Rating:

No comments: